Saturday, June 13, 2009

Day at the arcade

Today I originally planned to do nothing after seeing sumo, but when my host family was heading out I decided to go with. They were just going to Shinyurigaoka, but when I decided to go, we went to the shopping area we went when I first came. We went to a Sizzlers, and it was good.

You order food there, and then you can go to the buffet. I made myself a nice taco salad, and they had pink lemonade which is rare in Japan. I ordered the lamb chops seeing they were about the same price as the burgers,

and they also had a chocolate fountain with banna cake, marshmellows, and bannanas.


After eating, we went upstairs and there I saw something awesome, it was a toy race car track with drifting toy car! SWEET!



My host family left to play with Alice, and I got to play around in the arcade. I first played Capcom vs. Tastunoko which plays like the new Street Fighter 4 game, but has popular Japanese characters thrown into the mix, and I played with Megaman and Gan-chan, a character from Alice's favorite show Yattaaman, and I was able to get to the boss before losing, it was fun. I also played some Tekken 6, Fate/Stay Night, the Gundam pod game, Guitar Freaks which is a lot harder than Guitar Hero even with only three button, and DDR. I also saw these guitars by the rhythm section.

Best part was there was a promotional special going on and most everything was half off gaming or buy one get two plays.

When I was about to play Taiko, my host family called so I went and met them and we went bowling again. The lanes were a bit slick so I didn't do as well, still managed though to score a Turkey and get a total of 157.

As for dinner that night, they made great spaghetti, and we had literal corn bread with our meal lol

No comments:

Post a Comment