Saturday, June 13, 2009

Star Trek!

Well Star Trek was finally out in Japan, and after hearing from a couple sources in the US, my brother and my Supervisor at the DLC Kevin, I decided to go see it. I went with a couple friends, Zach and Jim, and because it was the first of the month, the tickets were half-off. We went to Shinjuku and got out tickets. The show wasn't for a while, so we decided to grab a few beers before watching the movie to make the effects that much more thrilling. We found a nice sports bar where they had 200 yen beers, cheap, and we had fun chatting and drinking.

We then went to the theater when Zach says he spent all his money on the beers, good thing he already got his ticket, but I reminded him he had to pay to get to Shinjuku, so he kinda freaked for a minute, but I lent him some cash for the train. Went went to the theatre and it wasn't all that crowded since it was a foreign movie.

The screen was covered by a curtain

and they had a creepy intro video about not disturbing others during the movie.


The movie did not dissapoint, being an original ST fan I thought they were going to mess it up, which they did to a degree, but the movie overall was fantastic, I won't spoil it for you here if you haven't seen it yet, do it!

No comments:

Post a Comment