Saturday, June 13, 2009

Korean food and more karaoke

It's Thursday and we have tomorrow off, so I decided to hang out with a group of friends I only up till now mainly only ate lunch with sometimes, with Christie in are group whom was a good contributor to the FB group before the trip began and Jordan who is the tallest guy on the program and then a couple friends I've hung out before with. We went to the Korean distract in Tokyo and walked around for a bit, it was interesting. We decided to get some Karaoke in before hand so we found an Uga karaoke place and sang a mix of Japanese and American songs, no karaoke outing is complete for me without Red Hot Chili Peppers song Snow.

In the place the was glowed to the black lights of a underwater scene, and on the little screen was a disturbing video of a panda pulling a microphone out of his ass, only in Japan. I also got a great drink that I wanted to get the last time I went to a Uga karaoke place.


We then went to a good Korean restaurant, and we got a lot of food. Cristie could speak and read some Korean, and knew from a friend how to cook, so she ordered us some good dishes. We got a thin seafood pancake with sauce, kimchi, I got some bibimbop,

and we got a hotpot full of beef that was good.


Christie also got us this pork dish, and she knew how to cook it perfectly, she even got complimented by some Koreans that could speak English sitting near us. We wrapped the pork in some lettuce and at it, and it was oishii (tasty).

We then walked for a bit and got some desert at a convenience store, and we ended up at the next station over, so instead of walking back, I took it to Shinjuku, which I would have had to do from the other one as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment