Sunday, June 14, 2009

Night on the town

In between my classes, I decided to go searching out for some great food. I went a way I'd only been down a few times but haven't really explored and found some cool things along the way.

Random boy street fishing

Weeping willow dying of the heat

Nice fountain

I quickly found what I wanted to eat, and decided to search a bit since I had the time. I found a great shopping area across many crosswalks, I swear there were about five of them. But over there I got some McDonalds french fries, need to stop eating here so much ><;. I grabbed a Lucky Cider, a Sprite type drink, and went back for were I wanted my main food, it was at this place where a bunch of stands were set up for the salarymen and the students to eat at, and I got a handmade avacado burger that was super awesome. After an uneventful week, I decided that tonight I would absolutely have a good time. After popping into the Comic circle for the meeting I went out to meet up with my friends, Zach, Jim, and introducing Kazuya a Japanese friend of Zach's. I was smart and left my backpack in a locker at Shinjuku so I didn't have to lug it around. We first went to the Hub English Pub, and it was happy hour, so we grabbed some good drinks there, and they were big and tasty. I got Kahlua Milk, a person favorite, some Southern Comfort which was excellent, and some Cassis Soda. Kazuya tried to hit on some girls with no luck. We then decided it would be too expensive to keep drinking like this, so we went to the convenience store and picked up some whiskey and coke, oh and an extremely tasty pizza flavored steam bun. The whiskey was nasty but I finished mine and had some of Zach's who didn't like it as much this time. We then played Rock Paper Scissors (a popular game to decide things here, called Junkin Poi here) to see who would talk to the next girl. Poor Kazuya lost and got shot down again. We then went to pick up Kathryn and Gina when Kazuya ran into one his his friends. She didn't stay long but did say she thought Zach was the best looking of us, ouch to me lol. We played Junkin again, and this time Zach lost, but he didn't finish his turn till much later. We then met up with another of Kazuya's friend who could speak english well, and he hung out with us for the rest of the night. We went with him and somehow ended up in a department store,
Zach tryin on some hats and alookin like Gilligan

so we left there and on the way out we met some girls who talked to us because I was wearing my Sophia University t-shirt, and they went there. We became friends, but they were off to karaoke, but not before being asked to friend her on FB, my nickname from her is Danger lol.

While waiting for Kathryn, Kazuya saw another friend who had a bit too much to drink. We tried to comfort her and Kathryn showed up while we were doing this. Kazuya stayed with her, and his friend took us to this hidden place where they served 180 yen beers, way cheap. Kazuya met back up with us, and so did Gina eventually. Some other guy sat with us, have no clue who, but he stuck around the rest of the night. Zach and Jim decided to hit on a group of girls in the back with no prevail. I started talking to the people around are table, one group knew Kathryn from her Japanese 101 class, And I talked to this girl behind me along with some of the other people at her table, and got the number of this blond chick who sat with us for a bit, no pic. I then talked to these people on the other side of the room, and they liked me and wanted to meet my friends as well, so I introduced them and turns out one of the guy's name was Kazuya as well.




We then left that place and went for karaoke, but Zach and Jim decided to play it safe and catch the train, seeing Zach has missed it twice now. We get there, but only stayed for about half an hour, enough to get some good songs in.




We also picked up some quick McDs before leaving, just a cheeseburger and small fries for me. We went to the station where I picked up my bag, and said goodbye to them. I then caught my express train back, one of the last ones. To my dismay though, the Tama-Sen, the train line I have to switch and go one stop is done for the night, boo. So off I go on an adventure to make it one stop down. The way was long with many up and down paths, and a few times I went the wrong way but figured it out quickly, and only once did I think I was lost because the road ended, but I kept following the train track, and eventually hit the river I went cherry blossom viewing at, so I knew the way home at that point, thankfully, but it was still a bit of a walk up-hill from there ><

I made it home and after guzzling down some much needed water, I went to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment