Sunday, June 14, 2009

Hiroshima trip planning

This won't be anywhere as long as the last post Wednesday we went to our meeting with CIEE to lay out the Hiroshima trip. Group B goes this weekend and Group in a few weeks. We watched the beginning of a film about Hiroshima and was given our schedule of events. Best part is we're going to a place called Okonomiyaki town, yum.

But this was just hilarious. Mark came into the class dressed as the pinku sentai ranger.

Zach: WTF MATE!?


Pink: Be sure to drink your Dr. Pepper

We then got a few drinks in the park before I left for home, and Zach and Jim went to watch the rest of the movie and presentation and told me it was boring.

On a side note, one of my Friends Charlie comes in one day this week bandaged up in what looks like bed sheet bandaged sling and cast, apparently he fell off his bike because the breaks weren't working, luckily he landed right in front of a hospital lol

I also finally got my Tickets for the Pillows, the tickets had been sold out almost immediately for the other places they played at, but I got mine for a later event. I tried to pick them up at the place they played but they didn't sell tickets there, and I ended up getting the tickets at another venue seeing that one sold out and were auctioning up to $150 ><;. It was a hard process getting the tickets, had to pay at one konbini, and then pick them up at another, but I was proud of myself figuring out the all Japanese machine at the Family Mart were I finally picked up the tickets.

Also another adventure I had was getting more money, or else I couldn't go out on Fri, so i spent Thur trying to get out enough money for hopefully the rest of the trip or at least a great majority of it. Unfortunately when I tried to get 50,000 Yen out, it was just barely over my daily limit, and I wasn't aware of this. I called Fifth Third using Skype Out and talked to them to figure out the issue, and got my daily limit raised for the time being, and I made the representative laugh when I told her I was using Skype out and the call was no problem coming from Japan.

Also Mayumi, Alice, and Mayumi's mother are out this week in Okinawa, so me and Roberto get to watch Mayumi's mother's cat for the week, he is like the black and grey Garfield.

No comments:

Post a Comment